Saturday, January 7, 2017

Super Retro Gameboy?

New Atlas has an article - Party Like It's 1989; Super Retro Boy resurrects the Game Boy - is very informative.


I had a Nintendo Gameboy many years ago. It was a lot of fun. I had bought many accessories - screen magnifier, game cheat ad-on, speaker system etc - and an extra Gameboy. I had a large variety of games. I played some more than others. Some games were easier with cheat codes and the cheat code device. I had a bag to carry it all in. It came to a time where my eyes had trouble with the smaller screen. I gave it away many years ago.
It seems the Super Retro Gameboy recreates the original Gameboy; at least per the review. The person trying it indicated it was a prototype and the not the finished product. I look forward to seeing and trying it at the stores when it is released; per article in August for about $79.99. It seems even the price is retro. I like the look of it. I don't know if my eyes would be able to view the small well but it could be worth the nostalgia.






No comments:

Post a Comment