Thursday, June 8, 2017

ArcaOS - updated OS/2 - eCS

There is a new of OS/2 Warp and eComStation. It is called ArcaOS. It is by Arca Noae. It is now at version 5.0.

I have tried OS/2 Warp by IBM in the past. I really liked it. It does not seem to work on newer computers. I found it worked better than then current version of Windows (the newer versions of Windows works a lot better than the 3.1 for work groups since it is not running on MS-DOS).

I have tried eComStation. The last version I tried was the beta / 2.2. It worked great on older computers but had trouble installing on some of my newer computers.

I have bought and downloaded version 5.0 and will be trying it on my newer laptops. I have an USB optical drive for the newer laptops since they don't have one built in. There are screen shots at the site. There is a commentary section at the site. I have found some helpful information at OS/2 World.
It was called Blue Lion. I am hoping they keep the blue lion as a mascot. 

There is a site for a yearly meeting of OS/2 Warp, eComStation and ArcaOS users called Warpstock; in the USA / Canada. There is a Warpstock in Europe.


No comments:

Post a Comment