Sunday, January 17, 2021

Problem with 'New' Nook Reader Solved

 I got this Nook ebook reader that my brother brought home from where he works (it was tossed out). I think it was disposed of because one could not get any new ebooks or deregister it. Their loss was my gain. 

I tried to unregister the previous owner so they would not be charged for things and they would not have to worry about people seeing what he reads. I have tried to deregister it but it would not since it could not connect to the network. I connected it to my home network but it still would not do it. I connected it to my computer. I went to the Nook site at Barnes and Noble. I downloaded the software update (the site indicated it would not connect without the update). I copied it to the device. I disconnected it / ejected it since it saw it as an USB device. I started it up and it installed the updates. I went to deregister it and it worked. I entered my account information; information from my Barnes and Noble account from their web site. It works. I just need to look for ebooks to read on it. It joins my Kindle ebook reader and my tablet computer for reading books. I have a lot of books on them.

It is not a big ebook reader but the print on it is nice. It has an E-Ink screen; which means the batteries last for quite awhile. It only uses power when changing the screen. This is why I think E-Ink screens are great for ebook readers. It gives you extra time to read before having to charge it. 

Once I add a micro SD card onto it, it will have lots of room for more books. I am not sure how many ebooks it can carry but I tend to read a lot of books and don't delete older ones. I like to go back read them again. 

It looks just like this one. 











No comments:

Post a Comment