Monday, September 2, 2024

My Own Country? The Country of Tom?

 I saw a post about what I would do with a giant stack of goldbacks. It was a post in a group about goldbacks. I thought it would be cool to 'start my own country' with it just being a joke. 

I thought to get the creative juices going and decided to create my own 'country'. Of course it isn't a real country but a fictional one. I thought what would the flag look like? What would the logo or seal look like? What would the coin or banknote look like? it got me going since I like to draw and create designs. The below is some of the results. 

I called it the 'Country of Tom'. I named it after my first name. I thought 'Why not?'. 

This is my flag for the 'Country of Tom'. I like the blue edge since I like blue. I put the flames on top of the T since it is similar to that of the Indiana flag where my story begins. The blue circles are just to give it an artistic look. I like the simplicity of the design and how simple it is to do.


This is the coin of the 'Country of Tom'. It is similar to the flag but with it being in a circle and without the blue edge. In a coin, it would not have color but I have seen some coins that have been enhanced with color. Since this is a fictional country, why not have it colorful. I am still working on the banknote (a banknote would be more complicated in design). 

This could also be the seal for the 'Country of Tom'. It is similar in design for simplicity. 

I decided to make a currency system. It is like the US has the dollar and the UK has the pound, the 'Country of Tom' would have the tom or the tommy. Since most currency logos / symbols have lines through it, mine is the letter T with two horizontal lines. 


I wonder if this could be a design for a cryptocurrency? I think something like that would be for another post since I have read that it would be complicated to create cryptocurrency. There is a site that has a format that one can create ones own 'fantasy' banknote. It is at the Museum of the Mound. It shows how it is done (might do a separate post on it) - design a banknote


This is my backyard with what I call a screenhouse. It is the official building of the 'Country of Tom'; actually it is the only building in the backyard. There is a small garden and a tool shed behind it with a compost pile. It is a poor country since it doesn't have power or running water. One day it will have a 'Country of Tom' flag on the front. 

As I create more for the 'Country of Tom', I will post that too. 





The 'Country of Tom' is just me (I might include my brother). Since it is just me, I fill all the positions of the 'Country of Tom'. I might create a list of those jobs. 

2024 / 09 / 02






No comments:

Post a Comment