Saturday, September 23, 2023

My Kindle Has Died?

My Amazon Kindle Has Died 


I had bought my Kindle from Amazon many many years ago (sounds like the beginning of Star Wars). It was on sale. It was great in reading e-books. I could carry as many in it since carrying the actual books would be heavy and getting heavier the more books I had bought. With this e-book reader (like others similar to it), one can download as many books as its memory could hold. With mine, it had gotten up to 160 books. I am not sure I read them all; some more recently bought were still being read when it stopped working. 

It has a 'keyboard' built into it but one cannot touch type with it. It had two buttons on either side; upper for turning to the previous page and a lower button for turning to the next page. It had a variety of useful buttons; one to change the location of the cursor, one to enter what one chose, and a home button. I found it quite useful. At first the battery would last a week of usage but eventually it would only a little longer than a day. 

I had already installed the Kindle app by Amazon on my tablet computer. The app had a few e-books on it but nowhere near as many as on the Kindle. I bought and downloaded some of the unread e-books onto the app. My tablet began to fail too. 

Installing the Kindle app on my phone was easy. By putting my id and password in the Kindle app, I was able to download the e-books that was on the tablet computer (the e-mail address and password was different on the Kindle than the one used in the Kindle app). Even where I left off on my tablet was also noted when I downloaded them on my phone. 































TomLeeM

2023 / 09 /23






No comments:

Post a Comment